having an xorg not binded to a virtual terminal?

Tiago Vignatti vignatti at c3sl.ufpr.br
Wed Apr 2 19:56:02 PDT 2008

Steven J Newbury escreveu:
> This could be very useful for multi-seat generally.  The currently used
> methods for multiple displays driving seperate video cards, keyboards
> etc are cludges at best.  The ideal solution would be if
> multi-seat/multi-display was supported from the kernel (above or within
> the console system) up - gallium might help there eventually.

This is pretty much what we intend to do in the near future. The kernel
modesetting to do multiseat with single GPU support and VGA arbiter to
enable multiseat with multiple cards. Links are here:

     http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/DRMRedesign
     http://wiki.x.org/wiki/VgaArbiter

Cheers,

--
Tiago Vignatti
C3SL - Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre