Another ati/radeonhd problem?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Apr 1 15:41:05 PDT 2008

Greetings;

One of the applications I've fallen in love with is tvtime which works with my
pcHDTV3000 card quite nicely if I'm running the nvidia drivers on an nvidia
card.

But I couldn't seem to make it work even after I had recovered the files so I
had yum install it again, no dice.  Running it from a shell gives this
failure message:

[root at coyote src]# tvtime
Running tvtime 1.0.1.
Reading configuration from /etc/tvtime/tvtime.xml
Reading configuration from /root/.tvtime/tvtime.xml
xvoutput: No XVIDEO port found which supports YUY2 images.

*** tvtime requires hardware YUY2 overlay support from your video card
*** driver.  If you are using an older NVIDIA card (TNT2), then
*** this capability is only available with their binary drivers.
*** For some ATI cards, this feature may be found in the experimental
*** GATOS drivers: http://gatos.souceforge.net/
*** If unsure, please check with your distribution to see if your
*** X driver supports hardware overlay surfaces.

Is this hopeless?

Is there another tv viewer application that will work with the radeonhd
driver?

Thanks.

Humm, I've just followed a link to an ati driver that supposedly supports this
card for linux.  Has anyone any brickbats to throw at it other than its
closed src?  Its about 51 megabytes I've just dl'd.  I'll test it and see if
I need some rocks to wrap my ransom notes around, later folks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)