[xorg-server] git HEAD build failure

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Sep 2 14:53:44 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-02 at 23:18 +0200, Maarten Maathuis wrote:
> The problem was a typo, but later more problems became apparent.
>
> I am unsure if this is the right way, because some of the things i
> added back are in XSERVER_LIBS now, but at least this builds.
>
> I suggest this is reviewed by someone with significant knowledge of
> autotools and friends.

Yeah, Eric is trying to sort out dependencies so that the X server
*does* get built when things change (it wasn't always getting built when
needed).

He claims to understand the linking process of automake/libtool now, but
I'm doubtful that anyone can and remain sane enough to feed themselves.

In any case, it should be fixed shortly.

keith.packard at intel.com