S-Video out on Radeon: How to configure in xorg.conf

David Hagood david.hagood at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 19:15:15 PDT 2007

OK, I found out how to associate a monitor with the S-Video port on my
Radeon 7500 (BTW: It might be nice if the "%s has no monitor section"
message pointed people to the xorg.conf man page, and if the xorg.conf
man page entry for Option "Monitor-$port" actually mentioned the "has no
monitor" message to make finding it easier.)

However, I still cannot work out how to actually set up the S-Video
output in xorg.conf:

1) How do I do the equivalent of "xrandr --output S-video --set
load_detection 1" to force the display to read active, so that it will
create the mode line for it?

2) How do I tell xorg.conf to allow me to have 2 subscreens, :0.0
and :0.1, with one screen being the DVI-0 port and one being the S-Video
port.

I've asked this once already, and gotten exactly ZERO response back so
far. I know my message is making it to the list - doesn't anybody else
have any answers?