xf86-video-ati-6.7.195 - don't load my customized video mode - and seems to work only with the buggy DDC video modes.

James C. Georgas jgeorgas at georgas.ca
Wed Oct 24 01:26:27 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-23-10 at 21:31 +0200, wallak at free.fr wrote:
> Here is my test configuration, and the logs. Without the NoDDC option, X11
> start, but with the modes given only by the DDC.

Yeah, this is exactly the problem I'm still having, as described in the
"is IgnoreEdid broken?" thread. I've tried the suggestions given to me
there, and the only option that seems to have any effect is NoDDC, which
basically turns off all monitor probing. However, I haven't been able to
write a valid config file that has NoDDC in it, so it didn't help me.

The only options in the monitor section that I have seen override the
probed and default values are the HorizSync, VertRefresh and DisplaySize
options. Everything else, including my modelines, are ignored.

James