Setting acceleration on individual mouse devices in Xorg 1.4?

Philip Langdale plangdale at vmware.com
Mon Oct 22 08:40:28 PDT 2007

So, with the new input hotplugg architecture, it appears that devices are now
listed differently. We have the 'virtual core pointer' and each plugged in
mouse appears, at least to the 'xinput' utility, as a keyboard. Despite this
oddity, it is at least possible to remap mouse buttons with xinput. But it
is not possible to adjust mouse acceleration - I can only manipulate the
virtual core pointer in this regard (with xset).

Is there some other utility I should be using instead of xinput for this?

Thanks,

--phil