1680 x 1050 with intel driver?

Jerone Young jerone at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 21:34:32 PDT 2007

Along with using xrandr you will also need to go into your xorg.conf
and increase the default virtual screen .  For you your going to need
to set the virtual screen to
width: 1200 + 1900 = 3120
height: this is who ever has the largest = 1200

So using my ati xorg.conf as an example. You will go to the "Screen"
section and add "Virtual" with your settings.

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Device          "ATI Technologies Inc M10 NT [FireGL Mobility T2]"
        Monitor         "Generic Monitor"
        DefaultDepth    24
        SubSection "Display"
                Modes           "1400x1050"
                Virtual           3120 1200
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Now after you have done this and restart xorg. Then you can then use
the command:

xrandr --output DVI --right-of LVDS

*Note DVI is the name of the connection. So first run xrander without
params, as it will display the name. For me it's DVI-0. This can also
be done for VGA.

Then your ready to go your desktop will then expand to your nice big monitor.