VNC patch for Xserver 1.3

Stefan Dirsch sndirsch at suse.de
Thu Oct 18 03:26:50 PDT 2007

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 09:35:59AM +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote:
> > I did something pretty similar, although I don't remember the exact
> > process. Basically, I checked out xf4vnc at about the time xserver-1.4
> > was released and ran cvsps on it. By looking at the logs, I was able
> > to determine the approximate xserver commit this was at (265a633). I
> > then diffed repeatedly, adding commits from xserver that were
> > overlooked and removing a few minor changes like the configure
> > defaults. Here's the patch I'm using:
> >
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dnicholson/patches/xorg-server-1.4-vnc.patch
> >
> > It applies against 1.4, but I haven't done anything since 1.4 was
> > released. I'm disabling dmx, too, which seems to have had quite a bit
> > of work applied to it in xf4vnc. I don't use it, though.
> >
> > I should mention that I don't use libvnc.so, but just Xvnc. I'd be
> > interested to see how it stacks up to the patch you generated, though.
>
> Mine is here:
> http://kenobi.mandriva.com/~colin/vnc.patch
>
> but as I said before it's missing lots of files for the libvnc.so bit.
> I'd imagine Stefan's more complete than the xf4vnc stuff (unless Alan
> has deliberatly removed the libvnc stuff (partially for some reason?)
> and thus both our patches too.
>
> Stefan did you just migrate the patch we've both been using from
> previous Xorg releases? It seems to be more complete in terms of the
> libvnc files from what I can tell but haven't had much time to play yet
> to update it (and there is little point if you've done it already :p)

No, I didn't use a patch. I'm still testing by building the complete
xf4vnc sources seperately.

autoreconf -fi
./configure --prefix=/usr \
            --disable-dependency-tracking \
            --disable-static \
            --with-rgb-path=%{_datadir}/X11/rgb \
            --disable-lbx \
            --disable-xevie \
            --with-int10=stub \
            --sysconfdir=/etc \
            --libdir=%{_libdir} \
            --mandir=%{_mandir} \
            --enable-xdmcp \
            --enable-xdm-auth-1 \
            --disable-dri \
            --enable-xorg \
            --disable-dmx \
            --disable-xnest \
            --disable-xprint \
            --disable-kbd_mode \
            --enable-xcliplist \
            --enable-vnc \
            --disable-xvfb \
            --disable-xorgcfg \
            --with-log-dir="/var/log" \
            --with-os-name="openSUSE" \
            --with-os-vendor="SUSE LINUX" \
            --with-fontdir="/usr/share/fonts" \
            --with-xkb-path="/usr/share/X11/xkb" \
            --with-xkb-output="/var/lib/xkb/compiled"
make

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany