Xorg Input Hotplugging

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Mon Oct 15 07:06:46 PDT 2007

Matthias Hopf a écrit :
> This won't work. Without the right keyboard layout users won't be able
> to log in. Ever tried to type your password on a French or Belgium
> keyboard configured with an US layout? Or the other way round?
>
> Even if you're only using letters, chances are high that you won't be
> able to do so.
>
> And, no, don't start that having a US keyboard layout as default is
> sane. Go to any part of the world outside the US, and they will tell you
> something. Yes, I'm using US, but I'm not exactly representative for my
> country.

Since I've hit the same problem, I'll ask here : what's the proper way
to use HAL input hotplug in Xorg but to still have _some_ configuration
be read from xorg.conf (or elsewhere?) so that I get a French keyboard
layout in GDM?

FDI files? xorg.conf? evdev parameters?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,