resolutions for intel i855GM

davidek at ipnp.troja.mff.cuni.cz davidek at ipnp.troja.mff.cuni.cz
Sun Oct 7 09:15:55 PDT 2007

Hello,
  ok, I found a way to introduce another mode:
xrandr --newmode 1280x1024 80.14  1280 1344 1480 1680  768 769 772 795
Then I can do xrandr --addmode .... , but I am still not there. The
problems are:
1. I only can issue xrandr --newmode if VGa is not connected, otherwise it
fails
2. when VGA is not connected, setting 1280x1024 works well. Then I connect
VGA and run "xrandr --output VGA --mode 1280x1024". VGA switches correctly
on, but the picture on LVDS gets distorted, all windows get "taller and
narrower", basically it looks differently in this mode compared to the
case when VGA was off. Even issuing again xrandr --output LVDS --mode
1280x1024 does not fix it.

Any idea what to do, please ? My goal is to get the same picture on LVDS
and VGA in order to show slides on external projector.

Thanks for any hint,

 regards
                 Tomas