Xorg Input Hotplugging

Sergio Monteiro Basto sergio at sergiomb.no-ip.org
Fri Nov 30 16:57:25 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 21:24 +0100, Jürg Billeter wrote:

> > Should not it be actually "evdev" always? As evdev is really the
> only driver
> > that would work?
>
> These options are not linux-specific but evdev is, afaik.
>
> > And how I resurrect my 3rd button emulation on notebook with 2
> > buttons?
>
> I'm also missing the mouse driver option EmulateWheel with evdev/hal,
> any plans on that?

yap, edev still have a bunch of problems with xserver 1.4 + (one of than
is not have cursors keys if you want your native language keyboard
layout), I simply install an edev version for xserver-1.3 which don't
load at all.
And I work with synaptics git drive which emulates very well 3rd button
of my notebook. And usb mouse works in hotplugging very well too.

Best regards,
--
Sérgio M. B.