How to change the runtime search patch for cross compiled Xfbdev

thisway.diy thisway.diy at 163.com
Wed Nov 28 07:14:53 PST 2007

     Thank you, Ross Burton
	 I don't want to use OpenEmbedded, Pokyhe and such as.
     I follow your instruction, use the follow command to build all the Xorg:
$ export DESTDIR=/work/crossbuild/X
$ export CROSSTOOLDIR=/usr/local/arm/gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.3.6/arm-linux/arm-linux
$ export C_INCLUDE_PATH=$DESTDIR/usr/include
$ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$CROSSTOOLDIR/lib/pkgconfig:$DESTDIR/usr/lib/pkgconfig
$ ./util/modular/build.sh -b -h arm-linux /usr

     But the .pc file created in /work/crossbuild/X/usr/lib/pkgconfig, use the dir
based /usr. It will cause some error when build the other files, if they are configed
by pkg-config.

      For example, the xtrans.pc is:
prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=/usr/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: XTrans
Version: 1.0.4
Cflags: -I${includedir} -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAS_FCHOWN -DHAS_STICKY_DIR_BIT

     I really want to build Xorg withou other build system, what can I do?