i810: randr breaks after resume from ram?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Nov 22 23:25:52 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-23 at 06:15 +0100, Sascha Heid wrote:

> I don't know what Ubuntu does, but in Gentoo-Linux i only do a "echo
> mem > /sys/power/state" to suspend the machine and nothing else.
> I also disable the loading of the glx-module because it slows down the
> rotated display too much.

You should try 'vbetool post' after the echo and see if that doesn't
make things a lot better under gentoo. I also have no idea how to make
Ubutnu fix things.

Btw, Jesse Barnes has recently added code to the DRM kernel module to
suspend/resume the video hardware which will eliminate the need to run
vbetool. That should become available in a while.

keith.packard at intel.com