Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x7)

Matthias Käppler m.kaeppler at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 14 09:19:19 PST 2007

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

2007/11/14, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>:

> More generally, you would be much better off not using a separate
> event loop. Why can't you have the main event loop notify your code of
> FocusIn events?

Well, the event loop is an endless loop and blocks on the XNextEvent() call.
This actually blocks the whole JVM process because that native event loop is
called from it and all Java threads run within the same Java system process.
So, this would be unacceptable since our program would simply stop running.

Best,
Matthias