xorg tracing requests

Mon May 28 20:49:07 PDT 2007

Nicola Manica wrote:
> experiments I need to trace the requests which arrive to the X server. I
> need to know where is the right point when the server schedule the requests.

Depending on what exactly you need to do, you might be better off just
using i.e. xmond or xscope. You won't need to modify the server source then.
There's also an xcb based one in the works, haven't tried it yet.
http://plash.beasts.org/wiki/X11ProxySpike

> [...]
> Is it the correct way to trace the requests?

ReadRequestFromClient() in os/io.c, that should cover pretty much
everything.

and AllocNewConnection() of course.

Cheers,
   Peter