xf86-video-intel 2.0.0 and DVI

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Mon May 28 13:18:16 PDT 2007

Keith Packard wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 20:56 -0400, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
>
>> Using the DVI (same computer, same monitor) I end up with just three
>> default modes the best at 1024x768. I'm guessing the monitor doesn't
>> give correct EDID on the DVI. If thats the case, how can I override and
>> specify a mode?
>
> It's not getting EDID over DVI at all, which is very odd as DVI is
> required to support EDID.
>
>> (II) intel(0): EDID for output TMDS-1
>
> What kind of monitor is this?

It's a Syntax Olevia LT30HV, an HDTV monitor designed to work with a PC
over VGA or DVI.

Its manual lists 7 modes for DVI, and under OSX on the same hardware the
Mac finds 10 modes it likes though most of them are not among the 7 in
the manual. They all work, but I can't really say if OSX is getting them
from EDID.

Can I hotwire a mode in xorg.conf?