Various regressions with xf86-video-intel 2.0.0 on 855GM

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Wed May 23 14:26:36 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I did a few tests with git head :

Commit: 9971fac87622c93503540196e1756fded3d4869e
Author: Michel Dänzer <michel at tungstengraphics.com> Tue, 22 May 2007
10:46:39 +0200

    i830: Provide new DRI texOffsetStart hook when available with EXA.

> 1) XVideo doesn't work anymore. mplayer -vo xv and gstreamer with the xv
> sink either give me a blue screen "à la" overlay, or send the display
> off track (reboot via ssh).

Still broken, it's the only test that crashed my laptop. I understand
it's a work in progress.

> 2) plugging an LCD screen on the VGA, I can't get anything besides clone
> using xrandr. If I plug the VGA output before X starts, the laptop's LCD
> becomes a clone of the VGA at 1280x1024.

Now works as intended.

> 3) my old xinerama xorg.conf files segfault X. Since I symlink
> xorg.conf, I have several available for different setups and none of
> them work anymore. I detailed the errors in the last comment of bug #10299

Still segfaults.

> 4) DRI no longer works (with or without EXA enabled). Here's what
> happens in Xorg.0.log

Now only happens if I leave the "Virtual 2048 2048" line in xorg.conf

> 5) I removed my custom modeline from my xorg.conf (my screen is
> 1280x768) and the right mode is selected. But now, gdm and gnome-panel
> believe that my screen is only 1024x768 and will only display stuff in
> that area.

Fixed, works perfectly :)

> 6) sometimes, just running xrandr, killing the server, logging out of
> gnome will crash the system.

Again, fixed, I tried a bunch of xrandr commands and none of them
crashed the display.

All in all, it's much better :) Thanks to all.

Rémi Cardona