i830 fixes pushed

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Mon May 21 12:53:51 PDT 2007

On 5/17/07, Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 11:05 -0400, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
>
> > > It does not currently support any panel scaling, so you've only got the
> > > native resolution.
> >
> > That's fine for me, I don't know if it's something we want to support though...
>
> Panel scaling has been pushed, along with better crtc/clone management
> to avoid accidental cloning of LVDS to CRT (which doesn't work very well
> when scaling).

That works here, I can do 800x600 and 640x480 on my 1024x768 panel.
Also, the output refactoring seems to have fixed xrandr --auto; before
I had to manually move the LVDS to crtc 1 if I wanted a non-clone
setup, since only crtc 0 can drive the VGA output apparently.

> I think this is the last of the i830 development that is needed; are
> there other regressions that you know of that I can address?

There's one cosmetic fix that I've attached: report the ivch as
connected if we've managed to talk to it.  Right now the ivch backend
always reports XF86OutputStatusUnknown, but as far as I can tell, if
ivch_init succeeds, there's nothing unknown about the connection.

I've put up some RPMs for people with i830 laptops who might want to
test this out:

  http://people.redhat.com/krh/i830/

Kristian