Various regressions with xf86-video-intel 2.0.0 on 855GM

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Wed May 16 15:50:49 PDT 2007

Keith Packard wrote:
> Are you running version 1.3 of the X server? Do you have a RandR 1.2
> capable version of xrandr?

xrandr 1.2.0
libXrandr/randrproto 1.2.1
xorg-server 1.3.0.0

>> 2) plugging an LCD screen on the VGA, I can't get anything besides clone
>> using xrandr. If I plug the VGA output before X starts, the laptop's LCD
>> becomes a clone of the VGA at 1280x1024.
>
> The 1.3 version of the server with a RandR 1.2-capable version of xrandr
> should make all of this 'just work'.
>
> xrandr --output VGA --above LVDS --auto
>
> should 'just work' and give you a desktop spanning both monitors, as
> long as you have 'Virtual 2048 2048' in your xorg.conf file.

I added the Virtual in a Display SubSection of the Screen Section, and
the above command now actually does something ... blanks both screens
and then hard lockup of the machine (acpid and sshd don't respond).
That's about as much as I can tell.

Anything I could try to help resolve this?

Thanks for your help

Rémi Cardona