Intel 2.0.0 driver not seeing laptop screen resolutions properly

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue May 8 22:30:35 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 22:02 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:

> Can we get the driver to pull both the current timing mode *and* the
> BIOS mode and then use some logic to select between them? It seems like
> we could tell which was more sensible most of the time...

Oh, one more idea -- we talked about providing a config option that set
the LVDS mode to override everything and still let the panel scaler be
used for non-native modes. If we added that *and* the ability to get the
server to dump out the panel mode, we could help the S3-fails people who
also had bogus hardware modes by getting them to pull the modeline out
of the log file and sticking it into xorg.conf. Or some other mechanism
that was more easily automated. Certainly X -configure should stick the
LVDS mode into xorg.conf (although perhaps commented out by default).

keith.packard at intel.com