xf86-video-intel: Can toggle between LDVS and DVI without xserver-restart?

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Wed May 2 09:53:54 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 10:09 +0200, Mirko Selent wrote:
> Hi all,
> I plan to buy a new laptop with Intel GMA 950.
> If I work at home, the laptop has been connected with port
> replicator with external monitor on DVI-Port.  The external
> monitor has the same resolution as the laptop TFT.
> Therefore I want to toggle between the LVDS and DVI port
> if the laptop is stand-alone or not.
>
> Can the xf86-video-intel driver toggle the output port
> without restart of xserver after resume from suspend to disk?

With current driver, server, and xrandr:

xrandr --auto --output LVDS --off # Switch to DVI
xrandr --auto --output TMDS --off # Switch to LVDS

Though this is the first time I've heard of a dock with working DVI for
this hardware.  Can you tell me more about what models of things are
involved?

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com