Why does the Xorg server reset the output when last client disconnects?

Joel Feiner jafeiner at gmail.com
Wed May 2 09:09:02 PDT 2007

Memory leaks are NOT a thing of the past.  I have a serious one right now,
where using Firefox and visiting pages with a lot of images causes the X
server to leak a huge amount of heap memory, to the point that it uses up
approximately 800 MB of my 1 gig of RAM and I have to restart the X server
frequently.  There are other leaks that are slower, but they're still
there.