xf86-video-intel-1.9.93 a RC?

billyx at gmx.at billyx at gmx.at
Thu Mar 29 16:35:48 PDT 2007

Hello!

Like some other here in the list I'm disappointed about the Xorg intel
driver. I think the latest version is perhaps an alpha version but never an
release candidate.

I had installed xserver-xorg-video-i810-modesetting_1.6.5.git20061014 which
was working in some way, but the newest versions (1.9.93 and
xserver-xorg-video-i810-modesetting_1.7.2.git20070210) are just crap.
I also tried some weeks ago to build the driver from git and failed and I
don't think I'm newbie.

The details:
-my TV screen works with 1929x1080, same system, interlaced with 60 HZ in
Windows and non-interlazed at 12 Hz in MacOS
-1.6.5 was able to set all resolutions up to 1280x1024, all tries for higher
resolutions failed
-xserver-xorg-video-i810-modesetting_1.7.2.git20070210 ended with a
stacktrace sent to this list a week ago
-1.9.93 (and 1.2.99.902) choose the resolutions they like: 1280x720
(1280x768 displaying only one corner using the option NoDDC)
- I don't need 3D, but (i think) OpenGL and the interface to output video
used by MythTV

I would like to configure the xserver by the config-file and not use the
stupid not-working autoconfig. So please tell me which settings in the
xorg-conf are supported for this driver. The settings I specify seams to be
ignored.
Autoconfig is a fine feature but it should be able to be turned off and the
driver should be able to be forced to use some given settings.

Also i would like to know what some entries in the log mean (I think it
should be able to understand the logmessage without knowing the code
generating it):
-(II) intel(0): Not using default mode "1280x1024" (vrefresh out of range)
Which vrefresh? Reported by EDID? Configured in xorg.conf? Supported by the
iGM945? Supported by the TV screen?
-height too large for virtual size
Which virtual size? Which height?
-(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x31
Hmmm?

Can someone have a look to my conf and my logfile and tell me what to change
and whats important in the log.

Cheers

Bernhard Mähr