when we can have all the resolution modes in i845 chipset?

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Thu Mar 29 15:29:47 PDT 2007

On 3/29/07, shirish agarwal <shirishag75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mr. Grant,
>               thnx for replying to my post. Tht post was an act of
> desperation as I've been trying in vain (i.e.) on ubuntuforums as well as on
> ubuntu chat-rooms to get hold of things but can't get good answer. It's nice
> to hear tht the pre-release versions of xserver & intel video driver are are
> able to do the things. Any idea when they will be released which version are
> these prerelease versions working on (on the list I saw the
> xf86-video-intel-1.9.9.2 & 1.9.9.3 being talked about),

Sometime in the next month or so I believe.  I don't know if Ubuntu
will pick it up for the next release.

> I wouldn't mind
> compiling but have no idea what compiling is all about. I had compiled the
> kernel once or twice long time back & do know there're various switches
> which affect how good or bad the end product is. As I'm not tht intelligent
> or wise (as regards to compiling) don't think I'll be successful but if u
> have the low-down as to how should I go about doing it, I'm willing to try.
> If u do need any kind of hardware info. or anything in this regard please
> don't hesitate to connect with me. Thanking you for your time & effort.

Start with looking at the x.org wiki:
http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide

It's not trivial to do, but it can be worth the effort.  You learn a
lot in the process.

BTW, please cc: the mailing list when you reply.

Cheers,
g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc. P.Eng.