TV-out support ANYWHERE?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Mar 20 08:29:56 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 07:16 +0100, Csillag Kristof wrote:
> OK, so let's sum it up:
>
>   - Intel cards have a nice open driver, but TV-Out does not work yet.

It works on the mobile chips which have integrated TV out support, but
we haven't gotten the SDVO TV out code working yet. It's on the list,
but the list is long. Of course, shipping SDVO docs would make this easy
for anyone else to do, so that's higher on my list than writing the code
myself.

I admit to a bit of curiousity about why anyone wants TV out these days
though; every monitor in my house has DVI or VGA inputs, which provide a
far better picture than NTSC or even component video. But, I guess there
are still uses.

keith.packard at intel.com