Intel 2.0.0 Driver : Override device detection?

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 05:59:16 PDT 2007

If my system is switched on without the connected LCD TV being
switched on the X server fails to start. This is because the Intel
driver (correctly) fails to detect any connected devices.

However, as this is a MythTV box which switches itself on and off for
scheduled recordings it is a normal case for the system to start
whilst the TV is off.

Is there anyway (e.g. xorg.conf options?) I can override the detection
of the connected devices so that  the TMDS-1 device is always used?

Thanks in advance,
Stephen Williams