Intel 965GM on Dell D630, latest git problems

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jun 21 01:18:28 PDT 2007

Jason wrote:
> If anyone has some advice about how they replaced the FC6 Xorg with the
> git one, I'd appreciate it.

As a general rule with any RPM based distro, I'd say take the SRPM and
create tarballs from git and slap them into the package.

Keeps things nice and neat and uninstallable that way, but I'm sure
other people would favour just using a different prefix (which would
work fine too, especially if you prefix is e.g. /opt/myxorg/ in which
case uninstall would be a simple rm -rf /opt/myxorg ;))

HTH

Col