R500 initial driver release announcement

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Sun Jun 17 22:31:16 PDT 2007

Jerome Glisse wrote:
> It seems it fail to set pll at least the log doesn't show the pll line which
> should be right after mode line at the end. Try after fglrx run and make
> sure you removed fglrx kernel module before starting with avivo (i am
> not sure this can cause problem).

I've updated to the latest sources and it is much closer. I have a dual
screen setup. Only one monitor is detected, the other complains about
being 'out of range' so something there isn't working. The two screens
are both 19" Benq LCDs native resolutions of 1280 x 1024, DVI. (Just
incase any of the details matter). What does come up is a pretty messed
up display on the one side.

How do I describe this...? It covers the top two thirds of the screen,
however it is shifted right so that if my mouse leaves the far right
edge of the screen it re-appears on the left side and continues for the
rest of the 1/3rd of the screen. Though the colors are fine, and I can
see some of the default Gnome icons. I can't reach or see any menu bars,
moving the mouse to the top/bottom edge of the screen doesn't do
anything, the cursor doesn't leave the edge, nor does the display pan
around. The display is flicker free and no odd coloring. Attached is the
  Xorg log file and the git diff for my changes to the IDs. Let me know
what else to do to help out. If you care to see the vesa xorg output let
me know.

Thanks for all the hard work, and to re-iterate, I would enjoy helping
this come about if there are things that need doing, just let me know.

--
Nathanael Noblet