Intel driver problem

Marco Coli marco.coli at hicad-dsc.it
Sat Jun 16 01:25:48 PDT 2007

Keith Packard ha scritto:

> You can either change your program to use the overlay adaptor
> explicitly:
>
>  $ mplayer -vo xv:port=89
>
> or you can change the order that the adaptors are created inside the
> driver (see i830_video.c:I830InitVideo) to place the overlay first
> instead of second so that applications will default to the desired port.

Thank you for your detailed explanation about the priority chosen for
the driver. Using port indication worked in mplayer. But I will change
the order in the source, for me is more practical, given the purpose of
the machine, the "right" default in my case is clearly overlay :-)

Thank you for your time