SyncMaster 205BW / Intel i810 timing issued

Andrew J. Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 17:17:51 PDT 2007

Andy Armstrong <andy at hexten.net> wrote:

> On 15 Jun 2007, at 00:56, Andrew J. Barr wrote:
> > Upgrade your driver (xserver-xorg-video-intel) to 2.0 or later.
> > You can
> > also get source code from ftp.x.org under the archive file name of
> > xf86-video-intel.
>
> OK, I'll do that. Is this likely to be the cause of the problem?

Upgrading the driver can't hurt. :)

If it doesn't work with the latest driver, you probably will get the
attention of the Intel folks on this list as you more than likely have
(yet another) misbehaving monitor.

> Yup, 1.9.94 is the latest version available for Feisty. I see that
> 2.0.0 is available for Gutsy.

Well, that should work too, but again, upgrading can't hurt. I would
imagine that using 915resolution and other BIOS hacks with the
modesetting driver is asking for trouble. So stop using 915resolution
at the very least and see what the driver can autodetect or what you
can specify from xorg.conf.

In fact, many times a recommendation for people having issues with the
server is to move your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file aside and see what is
autodetected by the server + driver. That can help in many cases as
the intel driver is very good with autodetection.

--
Andrew J. Barr

Ronald Reagan: America's answer to Inspector Clouseau