Possible XV Issue - no output when no DRI and not EXA

JM Ibanez jm at orangeandbronze.com
Thu Jun 14 10:52:52 PDT 2007

For some reason, I don't get any output when playing movies via the
XVideo output -- I don't get the XV overlay color, but I get a black
where the overlay should be.

This seems to happen when DRI is disabled (because of my Virtual mode
line), *and* I'm using XAA. If I switch to XAA (even with DRI disabled),
I get output. If I comment out my Virtual setting (or even decrease it
to the maximums allowed by the hardware, 2048x2048) and use EXA, I get
output. If I both use XAA *and* I comment out the Virtual setting
thereby getting DRI, I get output.

Below's a truth table of what I mean.

   DRI    EXA     output
==========================
     0      0   |    0
     0      1   |    1
     1      0   |    1
     1      1   |    1

I'm still investigating whether or not this is a config issue on my
part.

FWIW, this is on an i945GM.

--
JM Ibanez