2x DVI with "intel" driver?

Stefan Dirsch sndirsch at suse.de
Tue Jun 12 05:00:37 PDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 11:36:46AM +0000, Manuel Traut wrote:
> > On Mon Mar 26 18:13:38 PDT 2007, Keith Packard wrote:
> >> On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 19:40 +0200, Stefan Dirsch wrote:
> >> Thanks. So you already have a Dualmonitor setup running - with both
> >> monitors connected to the DVI outputs of this ADD2 card?
> >
> >Yes, I've connected two DVI monitors to one of these cards. Aside from
> >the BIOS getting confused at boot time, it worked fine with X.
>
> I have got a Windtec 35111140 Dual DVI Card
> ( http://www.wintecindustries.com/orderdesk/products/productInfo.aspx?category_id=2129&product_id=22508 ).

Really? Where and when did you buy it? Wintec told me (this was about
3 months ago), that this product is currently (re-?)designed and
therefore not available. :-(

> I'd like to run a DualScreen Xorg setup. But i am only able to create a
> xorg.conf, which shows the same screen content on both DVI Displays.
>
> Can anyone post a xorg.conf, which generates a DualScreen Xorg session?

You don't need a special xorg.conf. What you need is the new "intel"
driver, Xserver 1.3 and an updated xrandr tool.

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany