intel driver will only compile with gcc

Kean Johnston kean at armory.com
Fri Jun 8 10:59:47 PDT 2007

> Can I lobby to have "permission" for variadic macros removed from
> that document (which, incidently, only lives in the git tree it seems
> as it was not in my xorg 1.2.0 source tarball).
Now that I read it more closely, that whole section is "bogus". Nothing
else in the code (at least not that is activated by a non-C99
compiler) is using named initializers either. That section is a bad
idea no matter how you slice it. Neither of those two "mandatory"
extensions really buy you very much except for a tiny bit of readability
at the expense of cutting out a whole slew of compilers. Can that whole
section simply be removed?

Kean