Merging SM501 driver from old xfree86 into xf86-video-siliconmotion

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Wed Jun 6 08:36:14 PDT 2007

Hello!

I want or I need support for the Silicon Motion SM501 (SM502 is on the way)
Graphics Chip in xf86-video-siliconmotion.

There is an "old" xfree86 driver in:
http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/siliconmotion/
which has SM501 support.

And there is a "new" driver in the Xorg git:
git://git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-siliconmotion.git
and a identical
http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-siliconmotion/
which somehow missed the SM501 support. :-(

My questions:
1. Is there already anybody working workin on the SM501 code / pulling it
over from the old driver?

2. Is this the right list to get help with the migration?
(I was hacking lots of code for the SM501 fb driver, but not for
the native X one.)

3. Is the migration to git already finished or shall I use the cvs tree?

Regards,
--
Clemens Koller