SDVO/ADD2 TV out - yes or no?

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Sat Jul 21 15:52:35 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 12:57 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> suspect something is broken with this monitor's HDMI implementation
> that
> makes it incompatible with the HDMI video card I have. I'm not going
> worry about it for now though.

Keith,

Thanks for the stream of updates, I'm following your adventures with
HDMI with interest.

The HDTV I'm planning on buying only has HDMI (1.3) as digital inputs.

I hope it has a correct implementation.

In the worst case, I could fall back on its VGA analog input, which is
supposed to support the native resolution too.

But I'd rather be lucky and have a working HDMI digital hook-up.

Would testing using my 24" (1920x1200) monitor and an HDMI->DVI cable
useful, in the mean time?

Nico