SDVO/ADD2 TV out - yes or no?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Jul 19 12:57:24 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 12:14 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:

> Yes, HDMI is the same as DVI from the perspective of the SDVO system.
> Of course, I say that, and yet my HDMI card isn't working with my HDMI
> monitor.

I've managed to get my monitor working happily via HDMI at this point --
using an HDMI to DVI cable, with the DVI end plugged into the monitor. I
suspect something is broken with this monitor's HDMI implementation that
makes it incompatible with the HDMI video card I have. I'm not going to
worry about it for now though.

Now to try and get TV out working from this card -- right now it thinks
it has another VGA connector. SDVO is weird.

keith.packard at intel.com