[avivo] Error reading EDID

Barry Scott barry.scott at onelan.co.uk
Mon Jul 16 06:28:15 PDT 2007

Nicolas Trangez wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 01:34 +0200, Jerome Glisse wrote:
>
>> Would help to get a true backtrace make sure avivo is build with
>> -g3 cflags and run xserver under gdb and provide bt output and
>> relevant print of value (like printing out what value is
>> avivo->lfp_fixed_mode in avivo_output_lfp_get_modes).
>>
> Well, I did try this before, but: when I run X under gdb, once I start
> the "run" command, my screen goes blank (which is a good thing I
> guess :P), but then most likely the server crashes somehow (thats why
> xf86SigHandler gets called I guess when not running in gdb), and my
> system becomes unusable, I cannot switch back to vt1 where gdb was
> started, only reboot using magic sysrq helps me out :(

ssh in from another system to avoid using the screen. Also you will need
to use
some command line options to make using gdb usable start the Xserver
with these
two  options:

    -keeptty -dumbSched

-keeptty allows you to ^C to get into gdb at anytime
-dumpSched stops the smart scheduler interrupting each time you step

Barry