i need some dev info

Jose Rafael Castillo Huggins jrch2k7 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 15 15:23:49 PDT 2007

Hey guys,
i am a newbie (into X dev) from venezuela,  i have an idea of an new extension for Xorg and a couple of other enhacements into X core.

Ideas

1. Integrates the khronos specs of OpenVG 1.0 into Xorg extensions (rendering through Xrender which should be accel through AIGLX when available).
2. I want to integrate the ICC v4 color spec directly into color rendering code (i think this is the Mac way).
3. Thigter integration of XCB into Xorg apps
4. Make Xorg more thread friendly through OpenMP and XCB

I need your help because i can't find any good docs with example or something that let me understand how begins with the code. for example

how to declare an extension.
howto use Xrender maybe some tips
some examples on how to call X functions
some detailed explanations how X modules works and what functions have

I thinks this changes could improve performance a lot in thus areas and help us to have an svg standard directly into X

thanks you so much for your hard work
i hope you can help me
sorry my english