Strange problems with video-intel-2.1.0

Johannes Truschnigg johannes.truschnigg at gmx.at
Mon Jul 16 05:03:59 PDT 2007

Hello all,

I just upgraded from video-intel-2.0.0 to 2.1.0 (Gentoo ~amd64, x86_64), and
experience strange problems ever since.
First, although xrandr reports the resolution of my display to be 1680x1050,
my display really is configured to 1680x1052px - I'm able to spot areas of
blurry visuals quite easily, too.
Another problem is that there suddenly are broad horizontal stripes visible on
my screen which vary in brightness.
Gamma seems to have increased in general, too, without me taking action.

I'm using an Intel Media Series DG965WH desktop mainboard (Intel X3000/G965)
with a Silicon Image Sil1364 SDVO-Card (PCI-E).

I've uploaded both my xorg-config and -logfile and would be happy if one of
the kind people on this list could take a look into these, to help me track
down and pinpoint the problem.

http://gnulords.org/~colo/tmp/xorg.conf
http://gnulords.org/~colo/tmp/Xorg.0.log

xrandr's output:
--- snip ---
colo at zealot ~ $ xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1680 x 1050, maximum 1680 x 1680
VGA disconnected (normal left inverted right)
TMDS-1 connected 1680x1050+0+0 (normal left inverted right) 473mm x 296mm
   1680x1050      60.0*+   60.0
   1280x1024      75.0     59.9
   1440x900       59.9
   1280x960       59.9
   1152x864       75.0
   1152x720       60.0
   1024x768       75.1     60.0
   832x624        74.6
   800x600        75.0     60.3
   640x480        75.0     60.0
   720x400        70.1
--- snip ---

Thank you in advance for your time and efforts.
--
with best regards:
- Johannes Truschnigg ( johannes.truschnigg at gmx.at )

www: http://johannes.truschnigg.info/
phone: +43 650 2 133337
jabber: johannes.truschnigg at gmail.com

Please do not bother me with HTML-eMail or attachments. Thank you.