[x11] XDM Configuration

John Klingler john at jupiter.com
Tue Jan 30 11:38:28 PST 2007

What, exactly, do you mean by "restart"? Is it cycling normally or
crashing and being respawned by the kernel? You may simply be having a
problem with the user id you are logging in with. Try another user id.

Were there any messages in the /var/log/xdm-errors? Depending on your
OS, this file might be located elsewhere, as specified in the xdm-config
file in /etc/X11/xdm. However, that might be located somewhere else as
well. The default, according to the man page, is
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/. Before XFree86 it was /usr/lib/X11/xdm. These
are just symbolic links.

Between the man page and the config files you should have no trouble
configuring xdm. (FLW) ;-)

John