Multiple keyboard mapping issues

Sun Jan 28 02:43:34 PST 2007

On 26/01/2007, at 08:38 , Daniel Stone wrote:
> Hmm, I use evdev, and it works okay for me.

checked out master, still segfaulting (for
1627af54497bee659ea30f2850b39cbbf576e22d).
did a pull from scratch on a different box, same problem. Segfault
happens in XkbUpdateKeyTypesFromCore:249 when switching the core
keyboard.
For all I know, the xkb->server->explicit is overwritten by a
previous memcpy() in xkbUtils.c:257. Buggered if I know what that
exactly does, it's obscured behind several layers of macros. Happens
on key=46 for me.

xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier "kbd0"
         Driver "evdev"
         Option "Device" "/dev/input/event0"
         Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
         Option "XkbModel" "evdev"
         Option "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

<same setup for kbd1>

Section "ServerLayout"
         Identifier "XFree86 Configured"
         Screen "Screen0"

         InputDevice "kbd0" "CoreKeyboard"
         InputDevice "kbd1"

         InputDevice "mouse1" "CorePointer"
         InputDevice "mouse2"
         InputDevice "mouse3"

         Option "AIGLX" "true"
EndSection

> Urgh.  I haven't been able to work that one out either, nor have I
> been
> able to reproduce it.  Looking at the code (yet again), I can't figure
> out how we can ever overrun here.

Nevermind, had -O2 before, with -O0 the segfault hits as described
above.

Cheers,
   Peter

--