Keyboard configuration

Tobias Gerschner tobias.gerschner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 19:11:19 PST 2007

> Message: 6
> Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 00:55:15 +0100
> From: Lukas Hejtmanek <xhejtman at fi.muni.cz>
> Subject: Keyboard configuration
> To: xorg at freedesktop.org
>
> Hello,
>
> does anyone have an idea what could be wrong that my capslock LED stopped to
> work in Xorg? Just Capslock LED, capslock itself works OK. Text console is OK.
> I'm using latest XKB data and latest Xserver.
>
> My keyboard configuration looks like:
> Section "InputDevice"
>     Identifier "keyboard0"
>     Driver     "kbd"
>     Option     "CoreKeyboard"
>     Option     "XkbRules"    "base"
>     Option     "XkbModel"    "pc104"
>     Option     "XkbLayout"   "us,cz(qwerty)"
>     Option     "XkbOptions"  "grp:ctrl_shift_toggle,grp:switch,grp_led:scroll"
> EndSection

Hi,

we had that problem here when we accidentally mixed the xorg packages
from the 7.2 with some more recent packages from the xorg 7.3 branch.
As soon as that was sorted the LED's started working again.

Do you use a custom compiled xorg version ?

regards

--
Tobias Gerschner
Member of Board of Yoper Linux Ltd. NZ

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.