Intel i915GM with SDVO CH7021A support?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Jan 16 17:36:07 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 12:08 +0000, Will . wrote:

> 1. Pick the TV format only when a designated resolution is chosen. i.e. Some
> resolutions could be marked as changing the tv format and some as leaving it
> alone.

Right now, the native TV out code binds resolutions with TV formats and
duplicates the resolutions for each TV format. What we could do instead
is try using an output property to select the TV format instead. Please
feel free to explore this option if you lik.e

> 2. The closest tv format is always selected to the desired resolution. i.e.
> One at least equal to or greater than the line count of the desired
> resolution up to the limits of the available tv formats.

That's not useful; the output TV format must be explicitly specified by
the user for the target device, and the scalar can take any resolution
to any TV format.

> Using an appropriate method will it still be possible to select interlace or
> progressive modes where such choices are available?

Video output formats should be listed explicitly, and not with a matrix
of options. So, you should see a list like 'NTSC, PAL, ...' and not a
huge dialog full of options.

keith.packard at intel.com