[randr-1.2] Detecting new connected monitor

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Tue Jan 16 10:13:26 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 15:38 +0000, Christoph Burghardt wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> i'm playing with the new randr-1.2 branch. I have a i810 [modesetting]
> with external DVI. When i plug in a new monitor, xrandr -q still shows me
> the resolutions found at startup. How can i get the xserver to query the
> available mods on all (but active) ports?

The xrandr application is the only thing you should be checking out from
the randr-1.2 branch -- all of the other pieces you need to update
(randrproto, libXrandr, xserver) should be from master, with randrproto
built first, and finally you should build xf86-video-intel from
modesetting against them.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com