Synaptics driver not loading properly.

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jan 16 03:49:33 PST 2007

Hi,

I have a problem where the synaptics driver is not loading properly for
some reason.

I have this in my xorg.conf:
Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "SynapticsMouse1"
    Driver "synaptics"
    Option "SHMConfig" "on"
EndSection

And I have the file:
/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/input/synaptics_drv.so
(next to evdev and mouse etc.)

It does NOT have a corresponding .la file (the others do) but I think
this /should/ be irrelevent?

It was compiled against my current Xorg (7.2 RC3), but it's not even
getting that far, as in my log:

(II) LoadModule: "kbd"
(II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/input//kbd_drv.so
(II) Module kbd: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
        ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 0.6
(II) LoadModule: "synaptics"
(WW) Warning, couldn't open module synaptics
(II) UnloadModule: "synaptics"
(EE) Failed to load module "synaptics" (module does not exist, 0)
(II) LoadModule: "mouse"
(II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/input//mouse_drv.so
(II) Module mouse: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
        ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 0.6

I included some stuff round about the synapitcs as both kbd and mouse
are both in the same folder.

Any ideas??

Col.