Radeon 7000 and DRI = freeze. Bug?

Marcos mjs mjs_ops at gmx.net
Mon Jan 15 06:23:58 PST 2007

> Please post the full config and log files as well as the kernel output.
> Some initial guesses:

O.k.

This is my full log: http://linuxhard.org/Xorg.0.log
This is my Xorg.conf: http://linuxhard.org/xorg.conf

The DRI line is commented for avoid freeze.

> Make sure you're using at least xf86-video-ati 6.6.3.

My X is the Xorg, the xserver-xorg-video-ati is the last in the edgy repository of Ubuntu.

Xorg version: X Window System Version 7.1.1

> Check the BIOS setup for AGP related settings. Make sure the aperture is
> at least 8 MB big and that the transfer rate matches that configured in
> X.

The AGPMode in the bios is set to 4X.
The AGP Aperture Size is set to 64MB.

> If neither helps, it would be good if you could try a newer kernel or
> drm git.

My Kernel is: Linux zeus 2.6.17-10-386

Thanks