Radeon 7000 and DRI = freeze. Bug?

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Mon Jan 15 04:34:10 PST 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-13 at 22:23 +0100, Marcos mjs wrote:

> I have the Xorg V.7.1.1 on my linux. When I will enable the DRI
> the screen freezy on start of X.
>
> In the X log the error that I found is: reseting engine. It's repeat without stop.
>
> Dates:
>
> Kernel: 2.6.17-10-386
> Modules:
> radeon                117920  0
> drm                    72468  1 radeon
> ati_agp                 9612  0
> amd64_agp              12228  1
> agpgart                33456  3 ati_agp,drm,amd64_agp
> Hardware:
>
> This is the log:

Please post the full config and log files as well as the kernel output.
Some initial guesses:

Make sure you're using at least xf86-video-ati 6.6.3.

Check the BIOS setup for AGP related settings. Make sure the aperture is
at least 8 MB big and that the transfer rate matches that configured in
X.

If neither helps, it would be good if you could try a newer kernel or
drm git.