sDVO card for a laptop

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Jan 11 22:45:04 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 18:16 -0800, Vasudevan S wrote:

> If I understand correctly, it is possible to connect the 'sDVO card'
> here and it will be able to provide the DVI output. But, is this true
> for a laptop as well? i.e can I buy a 'sDVO card' for a laptop?

I've never seen one made. SDVO requires an x4 PCI-E slot, and the only
ones I've found are for desktop machines. I'm not entirely sure that you
could use a express card slot for this purpose either, I tend to think
this unlikely.

> Or is there any other way to use dual monitors for this graphics card?

You get the internal LVDS and the external VGA (or DVI if you're lucky),
and sometimes TV out as well, as is the case with the 6320.

keith.packard at intel.com