Xorg 1.1.1 + Mesa 6.5.2 = White screens with i810 driver and beryl/compiz

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jan 8 14:42:13 PST 2007

Roland Scheidegger wrote:
>> I'm using glproto 1.4.7 but have also tried 1.4.8 (heard it's buggy
>> tho'?)
> That would be news to me. However, since the protocol number of
> GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap changed between glproto 1.4.7 and 1.4.8 (as
> it was wrong before), I highly doubt this would work with an old glproto
> but a new xserver or new mesa (which changed the protocol number at the
> same time, 2006-09-14). Shouldn't affect the copy path, however, I guess.

OK, I'll take your word for it. :) I just saw lots of people saying they
"reverted to older glproto" in lots of posts about having similar problems.

I have tried recompiling glproto 1.4.8 + Mesa + Xorg 1.1.1 + drivers
etc. in the past to no avail. Would I have needed to recompile libdrm
for the updated glproto (cause I didn't!) If so is there anything else I
should have recompiled too? AFAIK, it doesn't need glproto so I don't
think this is at fault.

Does Mesa 6.5.2 *need* glproto 1.4.8? Or will everything "just work"
provided Mesa, Xserver and driver are all built with the same glproto?

Thanks for any help.

Col.