XvMC on savage

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Mon Jan 8 06:49:09 PST 2007

> > > XvMC has never been supported on savage chips.  S3 release some code
> > > years ago, but no one could get it to work and it only supported a
> > > subset of the twister/prosavage IGP chips.
> >
> > Well...
> >
> > It has worked here with my MythTV for about one year, until I some days ago
> > upgraded my OS, which forced Xorg 7.1.1 on me.
> >
> > The CPU load increased by 40% (absolute) and the picture quality went down
> > quite
> > a bit.
> > The same thing happened with 8.2 without the XVMC part.
> >

> Something else must have changed because it has never been supported.
> You might try using git-bisect on the savage driver to find out what
> change caused the problem.

The problem is the WAF factor here. My family is spoiled with MythTV and I
have a
hard time ;-)
I am sorry, but I think I have to go back to the old driver....
But any hint/help is welcome here. The logs look fine (finally) and I only have
one instance of libGL here. One strange thing is that glxgears gives me only a
black window
though.

BTW. The new version also creates a strange pixel disturbance on the right
edge of the screen.
More than 1 pixel  and not on every scanline???

Best
Dag